Sunday, October 19, 2008

Unique Gift Idea #1: Growth Charts w/ Black and Hispanic Kids

Parents of children of color regularly span the shelves of baby gift shops looking for culturally relevant gifts. I know this because I get several email messages a day asking if I have seen this item or that. These messages keep me on the lookout. Now wherever I go, I visit craft fairs and artist hangouts looking for unique and interesting items featuring children of color. I was on such a mission at the NYC Gift Fair when I met KiaNicole, a wonderful young artist. We had a lengthy chat about the meager assortment of quality room decor products featuring children of color. I specifically mentioned the need for high-quality growth charts. I am excited to report that Kia listened; they are here, and they are absolutely gorgeous.

This series of four high-quality wall charts make a perfect gift from a doting aunt or grandparent. They are bright, colorful, and sure to add just the right touch to any bedroom. Printed on high-quality vinyl (not paper or cardboard like most) with a coordinating grosgrain ribbon that hangs from two grommets, they are priced right in the same range as other high-quality, designer-inspired growth charts - $49. Two girl designs and two boy designs are available. Take a look, we think you will agree that at least one should be in every self-respecting nursery. This heirloom-quality gift can surely follow your little one until he or she has children of their own.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.